Friday 18 February 2011

Forbodian Jagers - part 2

More news from Forbodia now.  I decided on a colour scheme of dark green with purple trimming and a pale green shirt.  Although the figures are nicely detailed, the thick coat of PVA tones it down and makes it easier to achieve a 'toy soldier' paint effect.  I started with a small batch of five chaps (I was also painting four gunners at the same time) so as to avoid the feeling of being overwhelmed by the size of the task!
The next job is to varnish them - at least two coats - then stick them to individual bases.

5 comments:

Conrad Kinch said...

For our own little wars game we made it a rule that no figure should take more than seven minutes to paint. But we were firing nerd guns at them...

Paul´s Bods said...

LOL...I laughed when i saw these, . The purple hats...it reminded me of the sketch "capstick comes home" the one with the hovis music and the bit when he goes on about going to school, "all of us with us ´eds painted purple cos of ringworm"
Sorry, I´m tired...terrible week at work...
Cheers
paul

Tim Gow said...

Conrad
I wish I could paint anything that quickly!

Tim Gow said...

Paul
If you think these guys are bad, you want to see the Presidential Guard in my AK-47 army - known to friend and foe alike as 'The Purple Helmets'.

Don M said...

The purple hats are silly, but then I did an entire cavalry unit 20 figures strong in pink with true blue facings once just to agravate
the ex marine in the group...)