Wednesday 20 February 2013

Yet more in 144

I recently took delivery of a further batch of 1/144 scale aircraft models.  These are all 'Gashapon' trading kits made by F-Toys and Cafe Reo and come ready coloured - requiring only assembly and additional decals. Actually they arrive part assembled but I always take them apart and glue all the bits together again.
At the weekend I began assembling a few of them - including Hurricane, SM-79 and Brewster 339 'Buffalo'.
The batch included three Mk.IIC Hurricanes - I have so far assembled two of them.
The trio of Brewsters included an RAF example (above) and a Dutch version - shown below assembled but as yet unmarked.

6 comments:

Milgeek said...

Loving the Buffalo of course, were I doing a early war Finnish line-up I'd snap one of these up.

Very cool collection Tim.

The Dancing Cake Tin said...

They look smashing!

Paul said...

I think you may be the 1/144 import guru.

Try the charcoal method on that Buffalo Tim.

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
A Finnish Buffalo? Watch this space....

Tim Gow said...

Dancing Cake Tin
Most toys look better if I haven't painted them...

Tim Gow said...

Paul
I can stop buying these any time...
I'll have a think about the charcoal - it may be a step too far for me!