Tuesday 5 February 2013

Lame Lancaster - part 1

Work has begun on the largest of the models in my Winter Aircraft Project.  The Lancaster was the winner (just) of my most recent poll.  The full results were as follows:

In last place, with only 2 votes (4%) was the Spitfire Mk.IX.  Despite it's inexplicable unpopularity I have already started on this sorry specimen.  So much for democracy!
In third place with 6 votes (14%) was the Bf-109G.
After making a late run, in a very close second place with 16 votes (39%) was the Hurricane IID.  Though smarting at this defeat, the Hurri is confident of victory in the next round.
This week's winner with 17 votes (a mighty 41% of the vote) is the enormous and (like all the others) not very well built Lancaster.

The work carried out so far consists of repair work and removing the few remaining prop blades.  I also glued the bomb bay doors closed.  The wings and tail are out of alignment but there's nothing I can do about that.  The monstrosity has now been sprayed matt black and now awaits trial by paintbrush.

7 comments:

Milgeek said...

Blimey Tim! You blazing your way through these! :)

Arthur said...

Yeehah, I voted for the Lancaster, yes I did.

Keep up the good work.

Regards
PS Dog has lost interest and only wants to go for walks now...

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
Just bear in mind that I'm working to a much lower standard than you...

Tim Gow said...

Arthur
Glad you are happy. Hopefully the dog's interest will pick up when I get to the German aircraft...

Anonymous said...

The dog's still working the Lancaster theme.

He has to go drop a load...

**Bah-dum-bump**

Hey! I'll be here all week.
Sadly, there's nothing Tim can do 'bout that.

(I'll go away now.)

Tim Gow said...

SAROE
To my eternal shame I am still laughing at that....

Milgeek said...

@Tim - BUT...You actually finish models! LOL ;)