Monday 18 February 2013

DUKW-ing the issue?

While avoiding the prospect of doing more work on the dreadful Airfix Lancaster I decided to add to the appropriate spares boxes a small accumulation of bits which had gathered over the past few weeks.  Actually quite a few of these had originally been attached (and none too securely) the the Lanc...
The recent discovery in another box of a DUKW windscreen reminded me that I had most of a DUKW in the spares box so it seemed reasonable to glue the whole lot together.  Happily the DUKW isn't a kit which requires an instruction sheet as I didn't have such a thing to hand.  Or maybe I've just built rather a lot of them.
Anyway here it is.  Once I reclaim my spray painting studio (garage) from the builders I might even paint it.

15 comments:

Milgeek said...

The pun war is on! ;)

...Aside from that, an interesting vehicle. I have it in that Airfix D-Day 60th anniversary box I found. I wonder what conversions there were? Were there ever any armed versions?

itchy's wargames said...

feel foolish doing this as no doubt you will be aware of this ,but here goes http://www.vintage-airfix.com/instructions.html
insructions for a few Airfix kits .

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
I have seen references to armed versions. Oh dear, now what have we started?

Tim Gow said...

itchy's wargames
And pretty well a full set here: http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/forum280.php
Thanks for the kind thought, but the DUKW is pretty easy. If on the other hand I were to randomly fins in the spares box a 1/24 scale Spitfire....

Anonymous said...

I see you are using masking tape to hold it together while it dries.

Shouldn't you be using DUKW tape?

Tim Gow said...

SAROE
I realy must come and see your stage act sometime!

Anonymous said...

You kind of have to, you're my straight man.

Cheers

Paul said...

I really must pull finger and get a DUKW or four.

Any real issues in the build that one needs to know about.

Paul (who is DUKW-less)

Tim Gow said...

Paul
It's about time you broke your duck by building one! It's a stunningly easy kit to build - even without the instructions.....

Martin Rapier said...

My DUKWs are the 'even easier to build' Airfix bendy toys version and the Dinky toys diecast with hot wheels. No assembly required at all:)

Milgeek said...

Ohhh - 'DUKW Tape', that's foul! :)

Erhntly said...

Good job!!
Erhan

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
Just don't try to float the Dinky one in your bath...

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse....

Tim Gow said...

Erhntly
Thanks. And thanks again for not joining in with the dreadful puns!