Tuesday 12 February 2013

Lame Lancaster - part 2

Work on the mighty Lanc plods gently on.  Having spray painted the beast matt black I decided that the camo paintwork would not go at all well unless I used masking tape.  In the photo above you can see the initial masking.  This is Tamiya masking tape and almost certainly cost more than I paid for the model...
While all this jolliness was underway, the bomb and undercart doors which I had previously glued in the closed positions decided to fall off.  Bugger.  More tape was used to hold them in place while fresh glue - and plenty of it - dried.
Next it was time for some brush painting.  Being more used to rather smaller models I am still rather shocked by the amount of paint this model is using!

5 comments:

Pete. said...

Coming on nicely- aircraft do use up the paint pretty quickly don't they.

Cheers,

Pete.

Paul said...

Carry on Tim, lets see if the tape comes off without taking the paint.

I am far too much of a scardy cat to try this myself.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
And it takes up a load of room on the table. Grumble grumble.....

Tim Gow said...

Paul
That worried me too....

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

She sure is a big bird