Saturday 30 April 2011

7 Armoured Div - part 3 - work resumed

It is a while since I did any work on this division (see previous posts: http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com/2010/12/7-armoured-division-1944-continued.html, http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com/2010/12/still-snowing.html), not least because I had forgotten all about it!  Last weekend, however I opened it's (beautifully labelled) box file and was pleased to see the progress I had made last year.  There still remains, however, the small matter of the armoured brigade, to say nothing of the AA & AT regiments and the transport for the infantry brigade.
I therefore set to with the drybrushing and slapped on the base coat of green.  Hopefully I'll get more done this coming weekend.
Tha painting in progress - 3 Cromwells (unknown resin), Challenger (Frontline), Achilles (Armourfast conversion), Crusader AA (Frontline), Daimler s/c (Matchbox) and Bedford OY lorry (unknown resin)

10 comments:

Don M said...

I'm looking forward to seeing them completed !

Tim Gow said...

Don M
I'm on with them now!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Nice conversion on that Crusader :)

Sun of York said...

I like seeing a work in progress.

It is interesting to note that you base your vehicles before painting. Maybe that is something I should try.

My last vehicle was undercoated black which is the same approach I take with figures, but was a first for vehicles. I'm still concerned it made the top coat too dark, but then it is a different batch of paint. Always a risk with projects undertaken over a long time.

Paul said...

I hope you wear a mask around that lot. It is always good to see progress shots.

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
It's not a conversion. At least not mine. It is a Frontline resin kit. I do, however, take full credit for gluing it together. All 4 parts...

Tim Gow said...

Sun of York
I have experimented with many different 'styles' and undercoat colours. The most important thing with black is to ensure the paint is completely matt or the drybrushing will be a disaster. I speak from experience...

Tim Gow said...

Paul
No mask needed now - the spray priming was done last year so I am no longer overcome by fumes when I open their box.

Wg Cdr Luddite said...

I don't worry about wearing a mask anymore. The brain damage is already done...

Tim Gow said...

Wg Cdr Luddite
And my comment is.....no comment!