Thursday 4 August 2016

Hogging the limelight - part 1

 In need of a kit to build the other day, I selected from the not inconsiderable pile this ancient Monogram version of the A-10.  Released in 1977, the tooling for this kit is even older than the Matchbox version I reported here and here.
The bloom of youth had long since passed this kit by when I acquired it and even after a severe wipe with a damp cloth the crumpled box lid retains a layer of muck.
 All the parts were there though, together with what appeared to be two sets of decals!
 The initial build proceeded swiftly and parts fit was generally good.  The gaping voids between panels are largely my doing.

12 comments:

Pete. said...

That will look great carrying a full bomb load.

Cheers,

Pete.

Conrad Kinch said...

Something....something....something...only a mother could love.

Al said...

quite different, nice build too

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Depends which side you're on!

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
I think it has a certain brutal charm.

Tim Gow said...

Al
It's not a bad old kit - easily as good as the Matchbox version.

Mr Grant said...

Great stuff! I do love me some A-10 action!

Paul Foster said...

Ohhh tasty!

I have a spare engine for this kit left over from my youth. Need it?

Tim Gow said...

Nick Grant
I'd better get it painted then!

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
So that's two spare engines we have. Now all we need is someone with spare wings and a fuselage....

Milgeek said...

Smashing aircraft. Looking forward to seeing the colour scheme! (And how you are going to mount it.)

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
A plot has been hatched concerning aircraft stands. Hopefully I'll have some time over the weekend to develop thinks....