The pile of plastic unpleasantness is finally complete. It probably weighs about twice as much as it should due to the amount of filler I had to use, but given the poor quality of the kit it doesn't look as bad as it might.
As far as I can tell, these two seaters were usually left in bare shiny metal while the single seat fighter versions (the S.199) often had a dark olive over pale grey finish. Not being one to be constrained by reality, I decided on olive/grey paintwork. The decals came with the kit and are actually OK, although they required nearly ten minutes in water before they could be applied.
As there was no internal detail I decided to paint over the canopy. Lazy but effective.
The propellor with it's huge comedy paddle-type blades makes me laugh each time I see it.
UPDATE 16/11/2015. In the spirit of international comradeship this horrid model has now been passed on to Bertrand. It will thus further lower the tone of his Cold War forces....