Tuesday 6 March 2012

P-40 'Hawks' - more of 'em!

I have now completed all of the most recent consignment of F-Toys aircraft. To start off, here are the three P-40 Hawks.
US P-40E 'Jerry2' of the 18th Pursuit Squadron.  A rare example of a model P-40 without 'sharks teeth' markings...
The underside of 'Jerry 2'
Another US P-40, this time from 8 Fighter Squadron.
P-40 Kittyhawk of the RAF's 112 Squadron.
All of the current batch awaiting their individual photo shoots.
One of the F-Toys boxes, showing the complete set.
One of the P-40 kits awaiting construction.  Not a big job!

10 comments:

Paul said...

The more I see these Tim, the more I like of them.

I have a Me109 to rebuild and paint, but never seem to get around to doing it.

I am always looking for excuses for this but now the Fatherland really needs it.

Great eye candy post!

Tim Gow said...

Paul
I thought that lot would get you drooling on your keyboard! Bf-109 coming soon! Is this 'Aircraft Week?'

Don M said...

Is this 'Aircraft Week?' Don't know but, you got me looking hard at these 4 F4U Corsairs I've had in their original boxes since 1982!
144th scale Academy kits I picked up in Korea for a 100 won a piece
(about $0.18 US at the time)

Think it's really boat week thanks to Bob C!

Tim Gow said...

Don M
I built a pair of ancient Revell Corsairs last year - possibly the same tooling?

Chris Kemp said...

oooh, is that a Romanian Bf 109?

Al said...

Cool, nice looking kits, quite detailed by the look of them

Tim Gow said...

Chris Kemp
Indeed it is. Closeup coming soon...

Tim Gow said...

Al
They are very nice kits - that's why I can't stop buying them!

Milgeek said...

Awww, the P-40 is my absolute favourite fighter of all time. Wonderful models.

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
Despite not being the war's greatest fighter, the P-40 does seem to have quite a following!