Tuesday 31 March 2020

Goings on at the garage

I acquired this mdf kit a couple of years ago and built it over the weekend. I think it’s designed to accompany 28mm toys, so 1/56 scale or thereabouts.  It arrived in my possession without instructions so I blundered my way through assembly. In spite of this it turned out OK and I gave it a basic paint job using emulsion and cheap acrylic paints.
It looks like a lot of old village garages used to - and not just here in the UK. It’s pictured here with a couple of 1/43 scale diecast cars. A side project of mine is an attempt to amass a collection of models of all the cars I’ve owned. At the petrol pumps is a Volvo 850 in more or less the same colour as my 1992 2.0 20V GLT (owned 1998-2000) while lurking inside is a Saab 9-5 standing in for my 2004 Aero (owned 2009-2013).

6 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Tim,

A rather nifty model ... and it reminds me of the old Airfix model garage, which had lots of uses as a stand-in factory unit.

I like the idea of collecting models of all the cars you’ve owned. Mine would be rather pedestrian in comparison.

All the best,

Bob

tradgardmastare said...

Now that is one of Agatha Christie’s novels I have never read.

Tim Gow said...

Bob Cordery
The car collection project has been gently simmering in the background for about 15 years now. If there's demand i'll do a post about it.

Tim Gow said...

Tradgardmastare
It was part of a trilogy which also included Slaughter In The Shed and Ghastliness In The Greenhouse...

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

A collection of my cars should be relatively small and easy there was an old used one of a forgotten colour, followed by 4 hatchbacks of various and models , a white one, 2 blue ones and a yellow one.

But this takes me back to my youff when I was given toy cars and a garage etc as well as toy soldiers. Somehow the cars kept getting commandeered by the military, as did the farms now that I think of it.

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
I see you don't retain a burdensome level of detail in these matters!