Saturday 14 March 2020

Calatafimi, 1860

This was a Battle Cry game played with 54mm figures on my Hexon terrain. Most of the figures I had painted specially for the game. They were a mix of ACW and Napoleonic plastics, largely ‘converted by paint’. I think at least seven manufacturers were represented!  I also built some hills out of 1-inch insulation board to better match the stature of the figures.
Unfortunately my photos have become rather jumbled but I hope you’ll enjoy them anyway.
British napoleonics standing in for Royalist forces.










The Royalists with the flag began life as ‘Alamo’ Mexicans.





12 comments:

Steve8 said...

I drooling.

Maudlin Jack Tar said...

Fine looking game Tim. I'm guessing this is part of the fighting during the Unification of Italy?

Martin Rapier said...

It was a great game and looked fabulous. I was a bit dubious about 54s on the hexon hexes, but it worked fine.

Brian Carrick said...

Nice work on the toys, the Royalists look very dapper.

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Looks good to me. Reminds me of 54mm Volley & Bayonet games in the '90's

Pete. said...

Looks lovely Tim. The old school charm of 54mm are brought nicely up to date by the plastic hexon tiles.

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Steve8
Not on your keyboard I hope!

Tim Gow said...

Maudlin Jack Tar
That’s right - and there are still a few battles to come in this series.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
It helps that we have a group of gamers who’ll try pretty much anything - however dubious the concept sounds!

Tim Gow said...

Brian Carrick
Expect to see them in an assortment of other 19th century armies!

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
Thanks. I might have persevered with V&B if it had occurred to me to try 54s.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
It shouldn’t work but somehow it does!