Saturday 30 November 2019

I can’t believe it’s not bunker

I spotted this ancient margarine tub heading for the bin a few weeks ago. “So what?” I hear you cry. Strange to say, it put me in mind of photos of Soviet WW2 pre-fabricated concrete MG bunkers I’d been looking at. Having successfully rescued the thing I at once set to work to produce yet more of the museum-quality terrain for which I am rightly famed.
The first step was to cut it in half....
...next I cut out the vision/firing slits. These are quite tall so as to accommodate both kneeling and standing firing figures. Stay tuned for the next thrilling episode!

4 comments:

Maudlin Jack Tar said...

Brilliant title!

Tim Gow said...

Maudlin Jack Tar
I thought so! So I had to use it!

Archduke Piccolo said...

It is surprising how we are inclined casually to throw away such useful items. I made a whole series of dragons' teeth from the interior bumpy bits of egg cartons. They're good for 1:72 up to my Army Men scales, and a bunker (not so accommodating as yours) from one of them there soft polystyrene (?) meat trays.

Tim Gow said...

Archduke Piccolo
The trick is to develop an immunity to the despairing looks of one’s domestic authorities.