Friday 15 March 2019

1/32 SCW - Spanish Foreign Legion

My Foreign Legion figures were all bodged from Airfix Commandos.  The er, 'conversions' involved:
1.  trimming their caps into the shape of the Spanish 'Gorillo' side cap, with red piping added with a paint pen.
2. Carving off water bottles and ammo pouches (don't try this with the more recent harder plastic Airfix figures!)
3. Adding blanket rolls and knapsacks made of Milliput.
4. Er, that's about all!  Like all of my figures, they're best viewed from a safe distance...


8 comments:

Pete. said...

They look the part to me Tim.

Cheers,

Pete.

tradgardmastare said...

So are we to imagine the song that begins “ From a distance the world...” playing in the background as you paint?
Figures look good to me.
Alan

Conrad Kinch said...

Fine looking fellows!

Brian Carrick said...

The depth of your imagination continues to impress.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Thanks. That’ll do me!

Tim Gow said...

Tradgardmastare
I don’t think anyone did a song called ‘from a bleeding long distance ‘

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
Well said. Best not to upset them.....

Tim Gow said...

Brian Carrick
‘Fevered’ imagination. I think you meant...