Thursday 21 March 2019

1/32 North Korean Peoples' Army


These chaps recently arrived from their maker - Classic Toy Soldiers in the USA.  "Why" I hear you ask "do you need such figures?"  As always with such matters, 'need' is a word open to many interpretations.  But here they are.

 Just to prove that before I set about them they were rather nice figures - here they are after cleaning and basing on my usual mdf bases.  The bag contained 16 figures in eight poses.
 
 After painting - I went for a faded khaki look - the comrades were finished off with a coat of Ronseal satin light oak varnish.

 I particularly like the chap with the DPM LMG - he really looks as if he is carrying some weight.  Having once had to carry a (replica) MG-42 up a hill I can feel his pain.
Time to dust off the TF Smith scenario again, methinks.....

9 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Korean troops in 1/32nd..that´s a new one on me. I know wht you mean about the guy carrying the MG...I had to lug a GPMG about years ago. Mind you, I never tried firing it in that stance.

Conrad Kinch said...

Great stuff - will 16 figures be enough?

Pete. said...

Little ~Cold Wars does Korea. I'd like to know more- I'd venture into South Yorkshire again to game that....

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Paul’s Bods
Now you mention it the Airfix GPMG gunner looks similarly encumbered.

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
Of course not! This is only two-thirds of a battalion.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
You’re welcome anytime.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I have irrational envy!
Why?

I was looking at a 1/35 Chieftain in Hobby Craft but I put it back
Are you trying to "mind control" me from afar!

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
Don’t blame me for your own weaknesses! And not even I am daft enough to bulk-buy 1/35 tanks.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Yet!