Tuesday 4 April 2023

Steel Warriors show

I was invited to attend this show by one of the organisers.  It was run as a private venture and I understand that this year's event was very much a 'toe in the water' to test the market.  I'll confess that my hopes weren't high but in the event it was quite a jolly outing.  I arrived at about 1130 and soon met up with some friends (see also Martin R's post here).  I'd been to the venue - Magna in Rotherham - a few times before - most recently about 8 years ago to scout it as a possible show venue!  Previous visits had been for a business event and a charity dinner.

I was pleased to see a demo game using 54mm toys!
It's a huge space - plenty of room to expand.  Big car park too, and easy to get to.

As well as a few traders there  was a bring & buy (which seemed to be doing good business), demo and participation games and a separate room with a very well attended DBA tournament in progress.

I picked up a couple of ACW books, some paintbrushes and a pair of 20mm scale resin boats.  Bodging is already under way...

It will be interesting to see how the show develops.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Glad you enjoyed it, hope to see you there next year.

Leaving this here for anyone else interested in next year's show: steel-warriors.co.uk