Tuesday 4 April 2023

Two nights in Stalingrad - part 1

Our first lockdown remote game was Tom Mouat's 'Stalingrad' Matrix Game, which I ran in late March 2020.  Three years later  - and prompted by still having the map I'd printed in 2020 - I decided to run it again.  

The field of battle.  1/32 and 1/35 scale figures, 1/144 aircraft and vehicles in 1/35-1/50 scales.
On overview of the opening positions.  Players and spectators* were as follows:

Adolf Hitler - John B
Gen von Paulus - John A
Lt Gen Hube - Pete
Josef Stalin - Russell
Lt Gen Chuikov - Mark
Col Tarasov - Diego
technical adviser* - Martin (he'd played it before)
Washington Post correspondent* - Nick

3 comments:

Martin Rapier said...

I think I've played it twice before now. It looks very nice with the 54mm toys.

Tim Gow said...

We used mostly 54mm toys last time. This time I used rather nicer toys!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Epic by all standards of play!