Monday 3 May 2021

Broken Bersaglieri

 Following the Isonzo game, John mentioned he had a few broken figures which looked like my Starlux Bersaglieri. Some weeks later I dropped off some bits I had for John and he presented me with a bag of bits which included the disheveled trio above. Happily they only needed sticking back together and were then based and varnished to match my existing figures. John’s figures are in the front rank. A welcome addition but I’m still not convinced that running while playing tuba(?) is a good idea….



14 comments:

Mark, Man of TIN said...

Here is their soundtrack amongst others on YouTube
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABLOJV9Uw8&feature=youtu.be

Martin Rapier said...

Running with a large brass instrument is _exactly _ what I would expect of Bersaglieri!

Simon said...

They look like they will make a perfect honour guard for the Italian soup tureen section.

Simon

Archduke Piccolo said...

Running with a cornet seems more dangerous. If you trip and fall on your face you're much less likely to swallow a tuba...

Nice figures though...

Tim Gow said...

Mark, Man of TIN
Always a delight to watch!

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I don't think my dentist would approve!

Tim Gow said...

Simon
Minestrone with music? Or soup serenade perhaps?

Tim Gow said...

Archduke Piccolo
I hadn't though of to that way but you could be on to something...

Brad DeSantis said...

They look great Tim, very well done!

Simon said...

Actually, perhaps it is not a tuba at all but, rather, a light infantry soup container for rapid distribution of minestrone?

Simon

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
Hard work by Starlux, generosity by John, 30 minutes gluing and varnishing by me...

Tim Gow said...

Simon
That explains the state of your shirt fronts....

Simon said...

Just simmer the shirt and then you have a stock for the next batch of souop - waste not want not.

John Y said...

I think if you're being shot at by Austrians or Germans, running with a tuba makes sense to some degree, though perhaps not as much sense as dropping it and running.