Monday 3 February 2020

Back blogging at last!

 My absence from these pages of late was due to:
1. Being madly busy with work in the couple of weeks before Christmas
2. Being away over Christmas
3. Being ill when we returned
4. Being busy again
5. Being not very motivated to blog
But now I’m back so stand by for another year of ranting and random toys. For now, can you guess where we were at the end of December?


Bit more of a clue here!
 The local Masonic Hall is slightly taller than the two-floor Sheffield version!
 Wall Street - the financial district. 
 Brooklyn Bridge
Grand Central Station
 Bryant Park


11 comments:

Duc de Gobin said...

Awkward building designs, dodgy statues, bleak skies.

You were in Leeds, weren't you?

MSFoy said...

These are some of the best photos of Basingstoke I've ever seen - my compliments. Many happy memories - great nights in the Media Consultant's Arms. Them was the days, eh? Sorry you were poorly - hope you had a good time otherwise.

Don M said...

Looks vaguely familiar to me but, then I'm originally from so what do I know? I do hope you enjoyed the trip!

tradgardmastare said...

Good to have you back. That model railway you built is almost as good as Sir Rod Stewart’s one, terrific effort.

Wg Cdr Luddite said...

Scale mismatch. Z gauge vehicles don't fit with G gauge buildings.

Tim Gow said...

Duc de Gobin
Don’t be ridiculous - it’s clearly not raining in the photos!

Tim Gow said...

MSFoy
A good effort, but this place is a tad bigger than Basingstoke

Tim Gow said...

Don M
I knew you’d been there - the wanted posters are still up....

Tim Gow said...

Tradgardmastare
I kept confusing locals by referring to the subway as the Metro....

Tim Gow said...

Wg Cdr Luddite
I should think these buildings are a Bugger to store too...

Don M said...

Yeah, and those damned restraining orders, such a nuance :-)