Sunday 5 March 2017

Sheffield Wargames Society bring & buy

On Wednesday 1st March SWS held it's first bring & buy evening.
The rules were simple - £1 gets you a 6-foot table and vendors were encouraged to donate 10% of their takings to the club.
John tempts Steve with some boxes of old tat*
In the event we had nine tables (and four games) and I think we all sold something!  I don't yet have confirmation of the club's income from the event but I'd guess at over £60.
I'd like to think we'll develop this idea and perhaps invite other clubs to participate.*
Some more old tat
I sold about £30 worth of mostly books.

But "enough of this!" I hear you cry "how much crap did you buy?"
I managed to part with no less than £17.  £5 bought me this set of mdf river sections.  About 2 inches wide, there is enough for around 8 feet of river.
These aircraft kits were a no-brainer at £2 each.  Or at least that's what I told myself at the time...


* vendor's own description.
** my personal thoughts - not necessarily those of the SWS Committee or membership!

8 comments:

Peter Douglas said...

You went to a bring and buy and sold more than you bought - I demand a recount

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
Have I made your actuarial brain hurt?

Martin Rapier said...

The event was really good fun and a nice way to spend the evening. I also came out thirty quid ahead, which was a nice bonus.

I have promptly spent it on more toys:)

Pete. said...

Great idea- let us know when the next one is and I'll pop down for it after raiding my change jar.

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I'm pleased to hear you didn't let the wealth change you!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
If we do another it will be announced both here and on the SWS blog.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Bargain kit ;)

Paul Foster said...

Decent buys Mr Gow!