Friday, 17 February 2017

Barely broken Bronco

Back to the pile of dusty plastic now.  The latest to emerge is this OV-10 Bronco.  A distinctive design, it was developed for counter-insurgency use and widely employed in Vietnam.  US (Navy, Marine and Air Force) Broncos have been retired but I gather some serve on in the Philippines.
I recall briefly owning another 1/72 Bronco abut 40 years ago - it's fate is lost to history.
My repairs were limited to reattaching some of the explody stuff and removing the remains of the undercart.

6 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Tim,

I understand that the US has looked at resurrecting the BRONCO concept for a cheap ground-attack/reconnaisance/fire control aircraft.

All the best,

Bob

Pete. said...

Great to see it flying again. Would make a great armed FAC for Little Cold Wars. D

Cheers,

Pete.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I remember this one from teh Airfix catalogue
Another "one that got away"

A bit like the Fairey Battle
Nice catch

Tim Gow said...

Bob Cordery
Just goes to show I'm ahead of the game again!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
As it happens I have something else in mind for a FAC

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
I've never built a Bronco but this is the second one I've owned. The first was definitely Airfix.