Monday 6 February 2017

A brace of Hinds

You'll remember the Esci and Airfix Mi-24 kits I was knocking together before Christmas?  I actually finished them a few weeks ago but the first opportunity to photograph them outside only arose a couple of days ago.
They seem to have turned out quite well.  I went for the same colour scheme on both as I expect them to appear as a pair more often then not.
 Above - Esci with Spiral AT missiles.  Below - Airfix version with Sagger AT missiles.



 I left the main rotors removable to ease storage and transit.
These are the 3-foot aircraft stands I built last year.

13 comments:

Conrad Kinch said...

Oh what a lovely pair!

Don M said...

The stuff of NATO nightmares!

Milgeek said...

Tried to work the word 'hindsight' into something clever...But couldn't. :) Excellent stuff, Mr. G.

Pete. said...

They look great Tim- should give the NATO tankies something to worry about.

Cheers,

Pete.

Ken H said...

Splendid models, bringing up the rear I imagine, as in hindquarters? Sorry, I'll stop now!

Hugh Walter said...

I'm with Conrad - surly that should be a pair? Hinds are mammals! I'll get me coat, but before I leave -I like the blue-windscreen thing, that really works.

I was bothered by one of these on a March & Shoot many years ago, you don't realise how big they are until you see one pointing at you!

H

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
Thanks - as you know all the best things come in pairs!

Tim Gow said...

Don M
They do look pretty evil.

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
I could re-label the box they live in as 'Hindquarters'....

Tim Gow said...

Pete
I will endeavour to get them in a game soon.

Tim Gow said...

Ken H
Thank you, we'll let you know...

Tim Gow said...

Hugh Walter
I imagine that seeing one for real would be an unforgettable experience.

Paul Foster said...

Perfect pair Tim. Well done.