Monday 14 November 2016

Monday morning MiG

The recent Partizan 'plane purchase included about 50 postwar aircraft but the output of the Comrades from the East is woefully underrepresented.  In fact there are only three WARPACT aircraft of which this Egyptian-liveried MiG-21 is by far the most respectable.  I think it is the Airfix kit.
Like all the other models it had been built 'wheels down' and predictably the under cart had suffered over the years.  So I simply snapped off the remains.  Hence no photos of the underside...
Aside from that vandalism my contribution has been to varnish over the markings and glue a few bits back into place.

4 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Looks in good nick for a Egyptian bird. They may all need a total varnish perhaps?

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
No chance - I'd end up spending more on varnish than I did on the models!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

That would be a 5th November "project plane" in my day
A strategically placed Roman Candle would make it fly its first and last mission
I had an "expendable" feeling about my jets

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
I'd like to berate you as a vandal and claim I'd never done that. However.........