Sunday 22 January 2012

Portable Wargame - the photos

I mentioned in my previous post that I had a few photos of the games I played with Bob Cordery on Thursday.  These were taken on my BlackBerry but are, as Bob commented, 'good enough for government work'.
My brave lads prepare to repel the hairy hordes in the first (colonial period) game.
A few of the aforementioned hairy hordes.  There were lots of 'em.  Thousands.
Inspired leadership, pluck and firepower won the day.  Though not necessarily in that order...
The second game was hastily improvised and also used 15mm toys.  This was set in the 1930s and saw my chaps in field defences subject to an assault from a numerically superior (well, a bit) force.
The defenders of the outpost come under pressure.  An infantry stand could take four 'hits' before being eliminated.
Bob's flanking move caused me a few worries but his forces were sufficiently weakened by my defenders that the final assault never took place.

2 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Tim,

I wish I had taken some photos during the battles.

All the best,

Bob

Tim Gow said...

Bob
Not to worry - so long as we have some photographic evidence that we spent thursday evening doing something other than eating and drinking...