Wednesday 9 November 2016

Meteor strike

First out of the plastic pile from my recent purchase is this duo of Meteors. These required no repair work and all the decals were intact so the work involved was limited to varnishing over the decals.
The camouflaged specimen is - I believe - a FROG kit of the Mk8.  It's pretty basic but the lack of fripperies has probably helped it's survival.

I think this white version is the Airfix MkIII.  The the paint finish is certainly unusual, but given that snow is falling as I type this, it might be just the thing!


10 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

The good old Meteor! One of my favourite early jet fighters. As a child I remember seeing a flight of them going over our house on a training flight (they were silver overall, with trainer markings).

A great addition to your Little Cold War collection.

All the best,

Bob

Tim Gow said...

Bob Cordery
Given the accident rate of Meteors you did well to survive that experience!

Pete. said...

Nice models Tim. They still fly one as a testbed for ejector seat at Martin Barker.

Cheers,

Pete.

Don M said...

Always liked the Meteor, a very nice haul there!

Al said...

my favourite jet aircraft, nice one Tim

Tim Gow said...

Pete
From what I know of the crash statistics I'd certainly want an ejector seat in a Meteor!

Tim Gow said...

Don M
It an elegant wee thing.

Tim Gow said...

Al
Happy to oblige. I'm sure I'll be posting more of your favourites soon.

Wg Cdr Luddite said...

When 616 Sqn arrived on the Continent they painted all their Meteors white because the US aircraft were in the habit of shooting down anything without propellors.

Tim Gow said...

Wg Cdr Luddite
I knew there'd be a good reason for it.