Sunday 29 November 2015

One man and his 'Hog - part 1

I recently picked up this old (originally released in 1978) kit and uncharacteristically, rather than stashing it away for a few years, I decided to build the thing!  This had originally been part of the Matchbox 'Orange' range, which if memory serves were priced at about the same level as Airfix Series 3.  Which explains why out of a range of around 50 Orange aircraft kits released in the 1970s I only recall having three: Beaufighter, Swordfish and F-16.
 Anyway, back to the Warthog.  The parts - moulded in three colours - were largely flash free and not intimidatingly numerous.  Initial build progressed smoothly enough.
 The decals related to a prototype and a pre-production aircraft.
 Rather a lot of tape holding it all together!
And now for some paint...

6 comments:

Pete. said...

Nice work Tim- be great ground support for your Americans.

I was always a fan of the multicolour Matchbox kits too, though I can't remember ever doing a 3 colour one.

Cheers,

Pete.

Conrad Kinch said...

A-10s are a bit like bulldogs, superficially ugly, but possessed of a certain something.

I hope to see it tootling above NORTHAG before too long.

Paul Foster said...

I like! Euro 1 scheme please!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
I think the three colour carry on disappeared when they were re-released in the 1990s

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
I'm sure NORTHAG is a lot more worried than the Commies....

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
Paint coming soon!