Tuesday 30 June 2015

Ilyushin Il-14 'Crate'. Or is it?

I started work on this IL-14 to support my Little Cold Wars forces last week.  It's quite a basic kit and so went together quickly.  Clearly if I was a 'proper' modeller I would be appalled by it's many inadequacies and rectifying them would take ages.  But you know my standards are much lower...


And for the benefits of the cynics among you who have been thinking "hey, that's just an old Dakota kit"...
...I confess.  But the Il-14 (produced from 1954-1960) does look pretty similar.  and hopefully mine will look better than this one:


6 comments:

Red_Cardinal said...

I think you'd be just as well building one of the many available Dakota kits :)

maximex said...

Esci Dakota.
Interesting.
How old, is this series.

DC-3 / C-47 Exquisite traditional machine.
The Soviet Union produced (thousands of) the machine as' Lisunov Li-2
The machines also amended bomber and added mg of the tower, such as blenheim

Tim Gow said...

Red Cardinal
Yeah - I wish I'd thought of that!

Tim Gow said...

Maximex
I think the tooling for this kit dates from the early 1980s. My kit was dated (I think) 1990.
I do have an Li-2 in 1/144 scale - http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/lisunov-li-2-part-2-complete-at-last.html

maximex said...

Thanks for your response and tip.
pretty lisunov, I'm visitors..

Paul Foster said...

Twin piston prop,mid wing mounting, flat tail plane, lower window in cockpit= IL-14.

We used to do recog tests on this in the 80s.

Keep goin on this please. Everyone loves a Dak!