Tuesday 25 September 2012

Grown men and little 'planes

Further to my earlier report on the PVO Strany game which Martin and I ran at COW in July, Jim Roche has kindly given me permission to use the photos he took of the game.  I present three of them here for your further entertainment.  

Your humble correspondent shows off 'Red 66' (a 1/100 scale MiG 21) during the briefing for the Soviet team.

Alex, John and Russell posing proudly with the toy inflatable Vulcan.  Some people just have no shame.  Which is handy if you need players for a silly game.
More shamelessness in the form of smug Soviets Nick D, John B and Chris P.  Sadly the provision of authentic headwear did nothing to increase competence levels...

9 comments:

Peter Douglas said...

Tim

Wonderfully silly stuff. The negative correlation between hats and effectiveness is well demonstrated in history too!

There's a Western Canadian saying that some one is "All hat and no land" meaning that they look the rural western bit (this being cowboy country after all) but have no experience in ranching or farming.
Cheers
PD

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
That's an excellent saying!
I have a lot of military hats....

Do you own a cowboy hat yourself? I think we should be told.

Peter Douglas said...

Tim

There are photos of me in a kilt but not in a stetson.

Peter

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
I have photos of me in a kilt. I was four at the time.

So you're "All kilt and no claymore"?

Broeders said...

The bloke in the blue hat...is he selling ice cream?

Peter Douglas said...

6Tim

I am sure I don't know what you mean, but I have fathered a kid!

Tim Gow said...

Phil Broeders
He might be Phil, but I wouldn't buy anything from him!

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
No offence intended!

Tim (all hat and no MiG)

Peter Douglas said...

Tim

None taken! I realized that we do have cowboy hat in the house, but it dates from my daughter's sparkle and pink phase so I'll pass on wearing it!

Cheers
PD