Thursday 1 June 2023

Para Carrier

Following the successful refurbishment of a pair of Lone Star diecast Carriers for Soviet service (Link) I dug out more.  This one was acquired complete with the (so I’m told) very rare metal Para crew.  The carrier needed a full repaint but for the crew I confined myself to repairing the existing paint - though I decided I couldn’t live with the grey helmets.  I also added length the the MG barrel with a piece of wooden cocktail stick. Going by the ammo belt this is intended to represent a Vickers gun. Decals and serial numbers finished it off. 

6 comments:

Brad DeSantis said...

Excellent paint work Tim, it looks great and I'm sure that it will come in handy for your future battles!

tradgardmastare said...

Very nice indeed, the perfect amount of toy soldierness..

MGB said...

Some lovely work Tim. Did not know about metal crew. I decided to stick with the grey helmets, a bit of nostalgia for the old LS toys of the 1960s, but could find no evidence for their historical use. I do like your paintwork additions to the BGC.
Michael

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
I do have a suitable game in mind…

Tim Gow said...

Tradgardmastare
Thanks Alan - very nicely put!

Tim Gow said...

MGB
If by chance your paras and mine ever end up in the same game at least we’ll be able to tell them apart!