Monday 16 October 2017

Birmingham Toy Soldier Show 2017

 Having missed this show in 2016 (I was in France instead), I was pleased to be able to attend it last Sunday.  As well as chatting to friends - John Curry, Mike Lewis, Anthony Morton - I picked up a few gems.
The six French gunners are nicely painted metal figures and set me back £20.  I have simply added my usual mdf bases and a coat of varnish.  They are posed here with a couple of  Armies in Plastic guns.

Eight nice cavalry were a mere £16.  Again I have based and varnished them after repainting the flaky swords.  The four above are Timpo, below are even rarer Dulcop figures.

6 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Splendid buys Tim!

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Nice haul.

The gunners appear to be Prince August homecas,t the mould set itself costs more than you paid and then you'd have to do the work as well!

Tim Gow said...

Tradgardmastare
And still more to come!

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
They were so nice I just had to buy them. I think there's a law to that effect...

Brian Carrick said...

It's always a bargain when someone else has done the painting, that's priceless! BTW the last four mounted riders are made by REAMSA of Spain on Dulcop horses, much nicer figures than the Dulcop mounted Napoleonics.

Tim Gow said...

Brian Carrick
The Oracle speaks! Good to know these were an even better bargain than I thought.