Wednesday 23 December 2015

Emplacement activity

While clearing some junk* out of the garage a few weeks back I found this useful looking bit of packaging.
To my eyes it had 'gun emplacement with trench section' written all over it.  A liberal application of brown and green paint soon rendered it fit for service.
The French were the first Great War figures which fell to hand, the gun is one of my more disreputable looking Britains pieces.

* - fear not, there still seems to be plenty of junk left...

10 comments:

Springinsfeld said...

Reminds me of some of the old Bellona emplacements and nests. Good use of some junk.

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Ever wonder if the chaps who design packing are wargamers?

tradgardmastare said...

Great bodging sir!

Pete. said...

Trenches out of packaging- the gaming equivalent of jumpers for goalpost. Great work.

Cheers,

Pete.

Archduke Piccolo said...

Much of the fun of war gaming is extemporising stuff from useful looking junk...

Tim Gow said...

Springinsfeld
And to think it nearly went in a skip!

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
No - otherwise they'd have included sandbags...

Tim Gow said...

tradgardmastare
I felt it was my duty.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
I bow to your greater knowledge of sport sir!

Tim Gow said...

Archduke Piccolo
You may like to try explaining that to Mrs Gow...