Tuesday 25 November 2014

Soviet Sappers

Hot on the heels of my questionably clad mortar crew is this rather smarter engineer unit.  These comrades were assembled from an ICM hard plastic kit.  The box proclaims them to be from the Afghan War of 1979-88, while the body armour suggests they have been 'in country' for some time.
Yes there is a dog in the set but I've not painted it yet.
They are nice models.  I replaced the rather fragile handle of this chap's mine detector with steel wire.
All were treated to my usual 'toy soldier' paintwork - complete with mad staring eyes!
The mule seems a rather camera shy.

And here they are on one of my 4-inch steel bases as used in Little Cold Wars games.

6 comments:

Pete. said...

Very smart- does this means you've written rules for mines then?

Cheers,

Pete.

Chris Kemp said...

Engineers! Smartly dressed? Are you sure, Tim?

Regards, Chris

Al said...

Cool, very original

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Oh yes. So tread carefully in the next game....

Tim Gow said...

Chris Kemp
Absolutely! I very much had you in mind....

Tim Gow said...

Al
Thanks. I'm sure we can find them some work.