Friday 5 October 2012

Little Wars and Big Toys

The 54mm toys (well some of them) had an outing recently at the Sheffield club.  Steve's Svenhasselsteiners were opposed by some of Martin's Vulgarian Army, the latter assisted by most of my Naval Brigade.  Above is one of my battalions rushing forward enthusiastically to engage the enemy.
The Vulgarian brigade.
Steve has a nice lay down
One of the Naval battalions with classic Britains 4.7 and brigade staff (they're in the car...)
Vulgarian cavalry
The sailors deployed into line
Enemy cavalry looting a town.  Their own....  
Sailors poised and ready to swarm uphill to shooting positions.
 

The Vulgarian Divisional staff with cavalry and (my) supply truck.
Some of my brave chaps line the hilltop....
...while others make use of natural cover.
The brigade deployed.
 More photos of this game coming soon!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Tim good to see you back at F.L.W. Personally I haven't lifted a paintbrush to my guys in over 2 months. This will inspire me ... Jeff

The Dancing Cake Tin said...

Splendid stuff!

Mosstrooper said...

Nice to see the big figures get an outing !

Tim Gow said...

Chasseur
I hadn't done any for ages until the recent batch of Tratvians. I really must crack on with them.

Tim Gow said...

Dancing Cake Tin
The game was a pleasing sight!

Tim Gow said...

Mosstrooper
They certainly seemed to enjoy a run about!

Chris Kemp said...

I always think that a nicely polished wooden floor adds tone to a game :O)

Tim Gow said...

Chris Kemp
The floor has just had a new coat of varnish! I wanted it painted blue for naval games...

Funny Little Wars - Garden Campaigns said...

Splendid stuff! A well done to all the Chumrades!

Tim Gow said...

Funny Little Wars
You Sir, have a lot to answer for!

Al said...

Very cool, big spaces needed for that scale!

Tim Gow said...

Al
Luckily the Sheffield club meets in a big room!