Saturday 27 October 2012

F-84 Thunderjet

It's been a quiet week on the blog - not least because I've been away for a couple of days, and I haven't played any games since the beginning of the month.  Hopefully what passes for normal service should be resumed next week, but to keep you going here is another recently painted 1/300 model. 
This F-84 (maker unknown - probably Heriocs & Ros) came in a batch of aircraft I bought years ago.  I decided to finish it with French markings, over a simple paint scheme of sprayed on 'chrome' silver.  I can now see from the first photo that I should have spent more time straightening the tail surfaces...

6 comments:

Paul said...

Nice, even in its French form.

Al said...

cool, I'd like one of these for my Korean War collection

Anonymous said...

Very nice- don't worry about the wings- you should see the state of my 1/600 B29s....

Quick question if I may- why french- what use have you planned for it?

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Paul
Better grudging praise than none at all...

Tim Gow said...

Al
I did consider a Korean War paint scheme. Actually, I'm sure I have a 1/72 F84 kit somewhere....

Tim Gow said...

Spprojectblog
The French markings were definitely part of a plan. I wish I could remember what it was....