Friday, 25 November 2011

Steve's 'Walmington-on-Sea' church - windows

Steve has now complete his church - including guttering and glazing - and had sent me more photos.



As well as a close up of the drainpipe, this shot offers a tantalising glimpse of the interior.  More coming soon!

4 comments:

spprojectblog said...

The glazing is fantastic- was it printed on acetate?

Stephen Thomas said...

Hi, Regards the windows I used some scrap polythene
(cut from an old A4 binder). The plain windows were then done using a biro and a straight edge. the Stained windows were done freehand using my normal model paints. all the windows are glued into place with PVA. All very low tech I'm afraid. Thanks for your kind comments.

Paul of the Man Cave said...

That looks fantastic - well done indeed! I wanted to do something like that for my Saxon church, but chicken out using the "not in period" excuse.

http://tasmancave.blogspot.com/2011/06/saxon-church-finished.html

I might have to revisit that one day though.

Tim Gow said...

Paul of the man cave
I did mention to Steve that some of the detail would limit his ability to use the church in earlier periods, but he didn't think much to my suggestion of making the guttering removable....