Thursday 8 August 2024

Bassett's broken biplanes*

 * also featuring Tim's terrible triplanes and mangled Morane monoplanes.

John B very kindly passed me this box of veterans at COW a few weeks ago.  The Demon I came up with an immediate plan for and the Albatross looked useful too.  I was delighted to see the Morane as I didn't have one!  The others have been passed to PHW who has also borrowed the Morane for some photos.

The Morane - an old Revell kit I believe - was in pretty good shape.  I have previously bodged one from a Fokker E1 but it's nice to have a 'real' one. I firmed up the attachment of some extremities.  The decals were flaky but looked largely salvageable and several coats of varnish gave a respectable finish.

2 comments:

Peter Douglas said...

Been missing your Awful Alliteration Tim. Looks like some useful rescues, I like the idea of the Demon.

Khusru said...

Just saw some triplanes in Hobby Lobby in Sarasota yesterday. They looked ideal, except for the propeller which was too large, for VBCW