Sunday 26 November 2023

Bodging Prussian cuirassiers - part 1

 Having been reading up on the Seven Years War and its predecessor the War of Austrian Succession, it was time to carry out a review my suitable toys.  There was only one possible conclusion - I needed more! 

In particular I needed some Prussian cuirassiers.  I took as my starting point the old Britains plastic lifeguard figures as they were helpfully already wearing breast and back plates.  Suitable heads were sourced from eBay.  


Pistol holsters were made from plastic card and cuts of cocktail sticks. 
Carbines and blanket rolls were adapted from bits in the spares box. 
Starting to look the part!

6 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

A very simple and very effective conversion!

All the best,

Bob

nundanket said...

Looking good. I wouldn't call that bodging.

Martin Rapier said...

Actually bothering to make the pistol holsters sounds suspiciously like proper modelling to me!

Tim Gow said...

Bob Cordery
Thanks - I'm stupidly pleased with them!

Tim Gow said...

nundanket
Thanks - just don't look to closely...

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I'm sure it's just a temporary lapse in standards. And that the normal (lower) ones will soon be resumed!