Friday 6 November 2020

German armoured train

 The lack of recent posts was due to being mad busy with work and two family house moves (fret not, I’m still safely installed at Megablitz Towers) but happily my weekly games by Zoom/Skype have largely continued. Unfortunately. With so much of my work time and all of my gaming time being online, when I’ve come to compose blog posts, motivation has been sadly lacking. 

So here to fill the gap, and following on from the popularity of my Polish armoured train are some photos I took of my 1/300 German WW2 armoured train.  There are all Heroics & Ros castings.  The lead flatcar has been adapted to mount a ‘captured’ T-34 turret while that at the other end carries a Somua S35, again not in the colours of its first owner....

I wonder if I’ll ever use the whole thing in a game.  



10 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Great looking train, good to have you posting once more.

Peter Douglas said...

Looks great Tim.
As if you’ll be challenged to find a use for the whole thing on table!
Do you have an appropriate silly engineer hat for the player in charge? Will they be required to make chop-choo noises to make it move?
Cheers
Peter

James Fisher said...

Like an ominous grey snake working it's way through the landscape. An impressive group of models, whether they all make it to the table together or not!
Regards, James

Pete. said...

Looks very nice Tim- some sort of Partisan ambush scenario suggests itself to me.

Cheers,

Pete.

Simon said...

I assume there will be a negative modifier for movement in Autumn due to leaves on the line?

Looks good.

Simon

Tim Gow said...

tradgardmastere
Thanks Alan - good to be 'back'

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
Hats? Sound effects? You've played in my games and you still need to ask?

Tim Gow said...

James Fisher
Scary enough just to know it's there, right?

Tim Gow said...

Pete
It'll need a plucky partisan to take that thing on! Are you by any chance volunteering?

Tim Gow said...

Simon
I'm sure that German efficiency will deal with such trivial issues!