Wednesday 8 April 2020

ACW Matrix Game part 1 - Tennessee Waltz

This weeks game was another Matrix Game and I was joined on a Skype call by six players and one observer for The March To The Sea. I played this game when Bob Cordery ran it as a play by mail game back in 1995 and as I have suitable 54mm toys to represent the military units involved, it was an obvious candidate.
I always thought Bob had written this game but he credits Chris Engle with it’s design.
I replicated the map on two sheets of flip chart paper and labelled up some toys. I’ll follow up this post with two relating the events of the campaign.
The ‘cast list’ of Sheffield Wargames Society stalwarts was as follows:

USA

General William Tecumseh Sherman - Tim C

General John Schofield - John

General George Thomas - Simon

CSA

General Joseph E. Johnston - Martin

General Nathan Bedford Forrest - Jerry

General John Hunt Morgan - Richard 

6 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

I'm looking forward to more of this!

Martin Rapier said...

Thanks for organising it Tim, it was great fun.

Simon said...

I note we are missing any references to Chickamauga?????

Major General George H Thomas. aka The Rock.

Tim Gow said...

Archduke Piccolo
Careful what you wish for!

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
Like the circus I’m only the ringmaster - it’s the other clowns who make the show!

Tim Gow said...

Simon
I was confident you’d correct any such omission!