Sunday 10 December 2017

Lavochkin LA-5

Friday.  Needing another Soviet aircraft to accompany my Sturmovik  I went rummaging for the fighter (was it a YAK or a Lavochkin?) I was convinced was in stock.  Either my search skills or memory were at fault though, as I couldn't find such a thing.  The internet responded well to the challenge and this Italeri LA-5 kit arrived on the Friday. 
 Saturday.  The following day I built the thing.  It wasn't a challenging build

Sunday.  I spray painted the ensemble green.
Monday.  Painted camo and details.
Tuesday.  Applied decals and varnish.
Wednesday.  Used it in a game!  more on the game coming soon.

Added 20/12/17 - last Wednesday John A presented me with an old kit of an LA-7 he had stumbled upon.  Expect to see it soon....

8 comments:

Pete. said...

Fast work Tim, looks the part too.

Cheers,

Pete.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Nice job
I have kits that have been waiting decades for their turn to be built

What's with the German markings?

Chris Kemp said...

Produced in the same haste as one of the originals. Excellent!

Regards, Chris.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Thanks. I normally like kits to mature for a few years before I set about them.

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
The Luftwaffe markings are for a captured example. All the more for the decal box...

Tim Gow said...

Chris Kemp
And rushed straight to the front line!

Mr Grant said...

Cool!

Paul Foster said...

Ugly equals good Tim. Nice job!