Friday, 24 October 2014

'Orrible 'Oplite - part 1

Ever heard of 'Intech' kits?  Me neither.  But it was rather cheap and I'd been on the lookout for a Mi-2 for some time.
So how was it as a kit?  Not too bad - and certainly better than the ghastly Auster.  Getting the rotor blades at the correct angle is always tricky - I think they're close enough.
The main components went together reasonably well.  I had the presence of mind to add an internal weight to the nose before sealing it all up!  The glazing was installed as I went along - I'll be painting over it later.
The many struts for the main wheels didn't look up to the job so i decided to replace the many thin plastic parts with a single length of stiff wire.  And no, I haven't glued the rotor blades to the bottom of the fuselage - though it may appear so from the photo!

8 comments:

Stephen Beat said...

Very nice job so far. Always enjoy seeing a silk purse being made from a sows ear! ;)

Pete. said...

Nice little helicopter you have there Tim.

Cheers,

Pete.

Paul Foster said...

Looking good. Onward to my favorite...The Mil-4 Hound!

The Dancing Cake Tin said...

It's got my rotors running alright!

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
I don't think it will ever completely lose the aura of pig's ear.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Small but functional!

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
As it happens I already have a Hound. And a Mi-4....

Tim Gow said...

Dancing Cake Tin
I thought you'd be more of a Wessex man.