Friday, 8 March 2013

Limp Lysander - part 3

Having finally secured the independently-minded wings it was time to paint the thing.  As I had the kit instructions to hand I decided to follow the suggested paint scheme - possibly the first time I've done such a thing!

10 comments:

Pete. said...

Followed the instructions- how does that work then?

I had trouble with the wings with mine too. Glue filler then lots of filing.

Looks good so far though.

Cheers,

Pete.

Stephen Beat said...

I must admit I did wonder what kept the wings on!

Looking good!

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

I was rather expecting a Spartan in red and bronze but this looks splendidly airplanish in its green and brown camo.

David Crook said...

Hi Tim,

Following the suggested painting instructions? This could be setting a very dangerous precedent Mr Gow!

All the best,

DC

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Interesting that you had wing trouble too. I thought mine was just a particularly badly built example. I had a Matchbox Lysander in the '70s which I remember being quite robust by comparison.

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
Glue, more glue, superglue, filler, glue. That aside the wings fit very well.....

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
I'm sure that such a dodgy specimen would be rejected by the Spartan Army!

Tim Gow said...

David Crook
Don't worry - I'm sure it's a one-off!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Will the Army Cooperation Unit will look forward to receive this circa 1940 or are you sending it and "Maurice the Sky" to be part of the Secret Army in 1943+

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
Anything can happen!