Tuesday 29 August 2023

Kawasaki Ki-32


Having need of at least one Japanese Army light bomber I naturally ended up with three!  As well as the Ki-30 mentioned earlier I picked up a pair of these Ki-32.  Unusual among Japanese aircraft in having an inline (rather then radial) engine, the -32 looks to me very 'late thirties.'  The fixed undercarriage was used as it was felt that the simplicity and strength outweighed the drag issues.  In fact the Ki-32 was faster than it's contemporary, the Fairey Battle.

Like the Ki-30 kit, these needed a lot of taping and holding parts in place.  The panel gaps would be issues for proper modellers but you know by now that my standards are reassuringly low!

Unusually for a 1/72 kit, the wheels have separate rubber tyres.
Paint.  I'm doing one in overall pale grey and the other in this early pattern three-colour camo scheme.

2 comments:

Rob Young said...

Lo0oking good - I like Japanese WW2 aircraft. Rather than low standards I prefer 'standards appropriate to the purpose'.

Tim Gow said...

Rob Young
Paintwork appropriate to the purpose coming soon...