Tuesday 4 September 2018

Overloon Museum - German stuff

Back in Overloon it's time for the German WW2 kit to take centre stage.  
Starting with this rather nice Hetzer

I believe this is a Peugeot 202 'liberated' by the Wehrmacht
Nebelwerfer (who nicked the wheels?) and 105mm howitzer
5cm PAK 38...
...with a rather lovely Sdkfz10 to tow it

There had to be an '88' somewhere
A rare Schwerer Wehrmachtschlepper - that's an SWS to you and me

Very tidy Panther 
Just the thing if you have a large bathtub - a Biber midget submarine
Horse-drawn field kitcken
A HUGE model of the Gustav rail gun

10 comments:

Duc de Gobin said...

Wonderful pics. The Hetzer and Panther look superb. I did see a Hetzer in Belgium once and was amazed at how small it was. Having also seen the escape hatches on a Churchill, I suspect that these vehicles were designed for smaller blokes with limited rations. I see the modern generation having some issues getting in and out.

Also...did you nick the Nebelwerfer wheels for a 'project'?

Tim Gow said...

Doc de Gobin
I refer you to my post on the APCs at Shrivenham. We managed to get I think five in the BMP instead of a 7-man Motor Rifle squad and it took us about 20 minutes to disembark!

Tim Gow said...

Duc de Gobin
https://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com/2010/12/big-boys-toys-part-4.html

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I like that Hetzer

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
I saw it first.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I am sure two would fit in snug as a crew
Whether I could get out is another matter

Peter Douglas said...

Nice pix and commentary Tim. I'm just glad I didn't have to crawl in any of those things. Although that half track artillery tractor would have been useful schlepping my daughter off to grad school today!

I know you've got the wheels. What I want to know is did you nick the mini sub for your bath?
Cheers, Peter

Martin Rapier said...

Great to see a SWS in the flesh.

For Hetzer fans in the UK, there is a very nice example at Duxford.

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
A vehicle even more suitable for making childrens belongs to university will feature in a post soon!
I really don’t have the wheels. There was no room in the rucksack after I lifted the sub....

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
The SWS is most impressive. And all these years we though Roco had just made it up!