Friday 22 June 2018

MTU-55 sort of....


For the forthcoming Gnuston Heights game we'll need as many Syrian bridgelayers as we can muster.  Even my AMX-13 'Poseur de Pont' and my as yet un-photographed Chieftain AVLB will be drafted in!  I had the makings of a suitable bridge from this 2015 purchase but what hull could I use which might pass for a T-55?  Then I remembered a nasty hard plastic Patton I had acquired in a box of crap.  Some sawing, gluing and painting later and the horror above emerged by way of the steps below.
So how accurate a replica is it?  
It has 5 roadwheels each side - like an MTU-55
It is painted green - like an MTU-55 (the camera flash makes it look a lot more garish then the reality)
It has a bridge on the roof - like an MTU-55.

So that's good enough for me!


11 comments:

JLee118 said...

You might want to consider flipping the bridge upside down. It looks kind of weird with the ends pointed up. Still good job.

James

Conrad Kinch said...

I came here to build a bridge.

Brian Carrick said...

A fitting end for some "plastic crap in a box"

Don M said...

if you squint real hard it'll pass....)

Milgeek said...

Excellent stuff, you are still the King of Bodge! ;)

Tim Gow said...

JLee118
I hear you - but the upper surfaces are nicely detailed - not so the lower - so it stays that way up I'm afraid.

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
The Engineer's motto for over a century.

Tim Gow said...

Brian Carrick
"End?" No, surely a new beginning?

Tim Gow said...

Don M
If I take my glasses off it looks even better!

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
That's a title to cherish!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

:)