Wednesday 26 April 2017

Back to the trenches

Sorry it's been so quiet around here of late.  Blame mostly pressures of work.
Anyway, back now to what my dear wife calls 'cocking about.'  I bought these sandbag sections off eBay a few months ago - I think they are 28mm scale and amount to a total of 4 feet in length.  I have based them using some scrap mdf and hardboard and gave the ensemble a basic pant job topped off with Ronseal's medium oak satin varnish.
The chaps lurking within are ancient 54mm WW1 Brits.

8 comments:

MSFoy said...

Very nice. Be sure to tell the chaps that if they hear a bird singing they MUST NOT stand up to look at it. That's one of the things I have learned about WW1. That nice John-Boy Walton.

Conrad Kinch said...

An excellent addition to the war chest.

david in suffolk said...

Very nice. So are they Ancient Britains, then?

Phil said...

A great and useful addition!

Tim Gow said...

MSFoy
Good advice. I'll make the next trenches even deeper.

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
They have turned out rather well.

Tim Gow said...

David in Suffolk
Ancient? Well some of them are hollow casts, which I believe makes them either pre-WW2 figures or copies thereof. So almost as old as the troops they represent!

Tim Gow said...

Phil
Indeed - I'm not sure there's such a thing as too much cover!