Monday, 22 August 2011

Siberian Rifle Corps - nearly finished!

These chaps formed part of the batch of stuff which came from Fred Cartwright last month.  They are mostly SHQ figures which Fred had painted.  I have effected some repairs and rebased them as a Soviet Rifle Corps for my own Megablitz game.  Given that all the men are wearing the Telogreika, (the padded tunic), it seemed like a good idea to put them on 'winter' bases.
A close-up of Fred's painting.
There were enough poses to make each base different.
The corps takes shape.
A further post will feature photos of the completed corps,

8 comments:

west1871 said...

Very nice Tim!Some good looking poses in there,very well painted.

Cheers Rich.

Tim Gow said...

west1871
Much better paintwork than I can manage! I'm not really a big fan of some of the SHQ figures, but as I always say "never look a gift Rifle Corps in the mouth."

Conrad Kinch said...

Nice work - I always associate the Siberians with those wooly hats.

Paul said...

I am cold just looking at these chaps. Nice idea about the basing.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Nice job, I am still in awe of the Sixth Panzer ;)

Karcuss said...

Looking Good

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
I think these guys may be a bit worried about 6 Panzer too!

Tim Gow said...

Karcuss
Thanks - but like I said, it's not actually my painting.